Followers

Friday, March 22, 2019

Altenew Academy Paper Crafting and Beyond Class homework 1

Hi everyone,

I am taking the Altenew Academy online class Paper Crafting and Beyond, and I am so excited to share my first homework assignment.  :D

The objective is to create 3D flowers and build a wreath that could be a home decor, or go onto a card or scrapbook page or any paper craft project.  

Here's my take, I created a decor for my craft space.


For my 3D flowers, I tried a rolled flower just like our instructor, Zinia, did.  For the other two flowers, I used Layered Floral Elements Die but without following the intended layering, and used a couple of brads as the flower centers.

I used my Altenew Embroidery Hoop Die as the wreath base, but it is too dainty to hold up the 3D flowers so I add a white circle panel for some re-enforcement.  After I adhere all my elements, I found the middle was too empty, so I added a small circle die cut with the letter C on it.

Here's another look.



Supplies:



Challenges:

Virginia's March Show and Share



Thanks for stopping by.  I wish a lovely day!



7 comments:

creationsnz said...

Cindy this is so pretty and will be inspiring to have in your crafting space. I love the softness of the colour while still being colourful. CarolG

Betty said...

this is so lovely, Cindy - A+ on the homework!

Unknown said...

Cindy, this turned out so pretty! I really love the brad centers and the embroidery hoop die. Thank you for sharing!!

Virginia L. said...

Swoon! This is absolutely delightful, Cindy!! Isn't Zinia's class fun!? Love your use of Embroidery hoop (LOVE!).So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!

Barb Ghig said...

Your wreath is so pretty, Cindy! I love how you added your monogram to the center...I'll bet it's a beautiful addition to your craft room, too :)

Hanna Lyons said...

So soft and pretty! Thank you for posting!

Janis Godwin Spear said...

Lovely!