Followers

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Christmas Cards 2018-Oct-21

Hi,

I am so excited to share this card I made with some 'new to me' dies from Memory Box and Poppy Stamps.

Let's take a look:


I used pattern paper for the background.

I die cut the Curved Happy Holidays twice using white card stock, and I glued them together to make it thicker.  For the Peaceful Dear, I adhere some Stick It adhesive to white card stock, then I die cut it once right side up, and once wrong side up, so I have two dears facing each other.  I repeat with white card stock.  With the pieces that has Stick It, I peel off the release paper and sprinkle some clear glitter on it and then furbished, then I glue them to the plain one to give it more weight. 

To assemble the card, I glued the pattern paper panel onto a white card base.  Next I added thin strip of foam adhesive near the top of the curved panel, and I applied glue to the bottom edge and adhere to the card front.  I wanted some dimension but didn't want to raise the whole panel.  :)  Next I glued the deers in place.  Finally I applies some Diamond Stickles onto the curved panel.





Challenges:


Supplies:
Memory Box Curved Happy Holidays cutting die
Poppy Stamps Peaceful Deer cutting die

Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a sweet day!

6 comments:

Betty said...

very pretty, Cindy - that patterned paper certainly made a great background!

Dawn T said...

Such a pretty colour scheme Cindy. Gorgeous card.

Kara Lynne said...

I love your frosty scene, Cindy! How clever to use one die to make those deer face each other. The background paper is perfect with your glitter and sloping snow sentiment!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That whte die xut looks pretty against your background

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful background and I love how you paired your new dies for this card, Cindy! Great idea to show the deer facing each other, and I love all the sparkle! Very pretty Christmas card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So pretty with the sentiment hill and the pair of deer, Cindy! Just love all the glitter!!