Followers

Saturday, September 1, 2018

CAS Sweet Pomegranate on a2z

Hi my crafty friends.

Oh my August just whipped by and it's already September 1st!!  Are you ready for it?  If not, make a card first!  :D

I am popping in to share an inspiration card for the new challenge starting today on a2z Scrapbooking, September's challenge theme is Clean and Simple.

I just got this new Hero Arts Color Layering Pomegranate and Frame Cut combo, and some Glimmer Metallic Ink.  Of course I have to give it some inky love!!


In order to have some interest in the background without too much fuss, I dry embossed it using  Hero Arts Long Leaves Stencil with an embossing mat.  Then I stamped the sentiment.  

On separate white card stock, I stamped the leaves and fruits and die cut.  For the pale colour part of the fruits, I hand painted it with Gold Glimmer Metallic ink.  After I adhere all the pieces to my liking, I flicked some gold ink onto the background using a small paint brush.


In the close up you could see the sparkly ink.  So fun!!

Hop over to a2z Scrapbooking and see what my team mates created for you.  While you're there, see the challenge details and join in the fun.  Use my discount code Cindy15 when shopping at a2z Etsy store, get 15% off any purchase $25 or over before shipping.  Grab that Color Layering Pomegranate stamp and frame cut before they run out!  :)



Supplies:

Hero Arts Mini Ink Cube (Strawberry, Crimson)
Watercolor

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a sweet day!


3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Really sweet card with the pomegranate, Cindy! Pretty with the sparkle!!

Karen L K said...

Such a nice card Cindy! The pomegranate is so nicely colored and with the leaves behind it just perfect. I also like the embossed background.

Kara Lynne said...

I love that gorgeous spray, Cindy and your perfect, subtle background!