Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Layered Topiary on a2z

Happy March 1st everybody,

I've got a couple cards to share.  I am playing with my new Hero Arts Layered Topiary Clear set and matching Frame cut.



To make this CAS card more interesting, I use a stencil to create a subtle dry embossed background and apply thin coat of Spun Sugar using an inking tool.  Also to ensure the stamping aligns with the frame cut,  I first pass the frame cut on paper on an embossing mat to make an indent on the paper.  After I am done with all the stamping then I die cut it out completely.  The bird is stamp on a watercolored scrap and die cut.  Sentiment from the same set stamp on a small tag and tied.



For my second project I use the individual frame cuts and made a shaker card.


In order to make the stamping and the die cut window match up, I layer the pattern paper and the white card base on top of the embossing mat with frame cut on top and pass it thru the die cut machine.  Next I take the away the card base and die cut the pattern paper again without removing the frame cuts.  I white heat emboss the sentiment (from the Color Layering Orchid in a Pot set) and the stem on the die cut panel and glue acetate on the back.  Then I stamp the topiary on the white card base, add strips of foam adhesive all around the three compartments, fill with sequin mix, peel off the backing of the foam adhesive and place the die cut panel on top.  And embellished with a few sequins.

A new challenge, Anything Goes, starts today on a2z Scrapbooking Supplies, hop over to see what my team mates created for you.  Check out the details and join in the fun.



Use my code Cindy15 to obtain 15% discount on your purchase of $25 or over before shipping at a2z Etsy store.  If you don't see the supply you want in the store, just request a custom order (button on the left side bar).

Other challenges:

Simon Monday Challenge - In My Garden

SSS Work It Wednesday February Challenge - Green



Supplies for first card:

Hero Arts Clear Stamp - Layered Topiary
Hero Arts Frame Cuts - Layered Topiary
Hero Arts Kelly's Floral Tile Stencil
Hero Arts Mini Ink Cube - Amy's Shades of Green
Ranger Distress Ink (Barn Door, Spun Sugar)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Ranger Stickles (Cool Mint)


Supplies for second card:

Hero Arts Clear Stamp - Layered Topiary
Hero Arts Frame Cuts - Layered Topiary
Hero Arts Color Layering Orchid in a Pot
Hero Arts Mid-tone Shadow Ink  (Ultra Pink)
Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Soft Green, Soft Granite)
Hero Arts Pigment Ink (Unicorn)
Range Distress Ink (Peeled Paint)
White Embossing Powder
Little Things from Lucy's Card sequin mix (Lucky Dip IX, Apple Ice)

Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a sweet day!












2 comments:

creationsnz said...

WOW super cards Cindy. I LOVE the one with the dark background so unusual. Cheers, CarolG

Arlene said...

I like the depth your embossing gives on the popped up topiary. Great creativity on making this a shaker card, each part of the dies being separate. VOW to both cards.