Followers

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Challenge cards last day of February

Hi,

On this last day of February, I wanted to make the best out of, I created a couple cards for a few challenges.

My first project is for Inspired By All The Little Things #80



There are so many pretty elements in the photo, but I was most inspired by the pale blue wings, the flowers and the golden sentiment.  So here's my take:


I pressed Tumbled Glass ink onto the embossing folder before embossing my white panel.  Although the edges are not fully inked but I like that carefree imperfect look.  :)  I die cut my coffee cup and a few leaves from a gold embossed panel, and chose some flower scraps to put on the panel.



Supplies:
Tim Holtz Embossing Folder - Wings
Ranger Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass)
Versamark Watermark Ink
Gold embossing powder
Versamark Color (Raspberry)


For my second project I played along these challenge:





For this card instead of stamping the floral image I "impressed".  I learnt this technique from Jennifer McGuire, you can refer to it in this post.  I used the SSS Single Rose die and an embossing mat to make the impression on a watercolor paper panel, then I spritzed water all over it then lossely watercolored the image.  After it's dried, I added another layer of Twinkling H2O watercolor to add shimmer.  The "hugs" die cut was given to me by my talented blog friend Lin Brandyberry , you could check her blog Sending Hugs.


Supplies:
Simon Says Stamps Cutting Die - Single Rose
Simon Says Stamps Clear stamp - Flower Friend
Hero Arts mid-tone shadow ink (Soft Granite)
watercolors
Twinkling H2O Watercolors


Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a sweet day!



6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Both of your cards are beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful cards!

Dana said...

Love the wings card! Such a lovely take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing along over at Inspired By All The Little Things!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! Both of these cards are stunning and each is special in its own way. I really like the soft colors you incorporated. I love how the edges are "imperfect" (as you called them) in the first card and I like the water-spritzing you did on the second card. Thank you so much for sharing these with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Jo Nevill said...

So beautiful
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Dawn Darlene said...

Love angel wings.. your cards are very creative! :)