Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Framed Watercolor floral on Die Cut Divas

 Hi there,

Are you ready for October and a new challenge on Die Cut Divas?  This month's challenge theme is Watercolors.  Please do not be intimidated.  Using watercolors on your project is not complicated.



On my mini slimline card, the floral image I stamped with archival ink.  Then I just picked up colors from my Altenew Watercolors 36 Pan Set, and drop them onto the flower's petals and leaves.  

I didn't care to make the perfect shadow.  I used Fresh Lemon as a base layer on the petals, after that dries I added Sunkissed onto the base of the petals and the center of the flowers.  For the leaves, I used Bamboo on the tips of the leaves, and Forest Blades on the bases.

I the splattered some white paint onto the flower after I die cut using the matching die.  On the yellow panel behind the scalloped frame, I splatter some gold ink to add interest.


While I got my watercolors out already, I may as well color more right?  This next one is very simple to paint too.

I first painted the flower petals with water, then just picked up a tiny bit of the colors and add it to the top edge of the petal, and let water pulls the pigments down.  No blending is required. 


On the pinkish/purple flower, I used a different color on the underside of petals to create subtle contrast. 


Our sponsor this month is Altenew, and the prize is Altenew Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set ($49.99 USD value is the prize ) Altenew will issue a 100% discount code to the winner.


Let's have some watercoloring fun, shall we?  Hop over to Die Cut Divas and see what inspirations the rest of the Design Team created for you.

Supplies:

(for card one)
Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
White Acrylic Paint
Nuvo Sparkle Spray (Cream Gold)

(for card two)
Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Hero Arts Hero Hues Dye Ink (White)
Ranger Letter It Clear Stamp - It's the Little Things


Thanks for coming over to my blog, Happy World Card Making day (Oct 1st)!


4 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love those florals!

Arlene said...

I love the softness that you've achieved in these cards. Lovely.

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Cindy. Lovely watercolouring on both your flowers.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful cards with watercolored flowers, Cindy - love them both!!