Followers

Friday, May 28, 2021

Mixed media Simple Frame

Hello, and welcome back!

Today I want to share a mixed media card.



For the main panel, I dry embossed the frame using Altenew Simple Frame 3D embossing folder on heavy weight mix media paper.  Then I applied Peacock Teal acrylic paint all over it, let it dried.  Then I applied Splendid Gold paint all over, let it dried slightly, spritz the panel with water and lift some of the gold paint away.  I repeated this process until I see enough of the Peacock Teal showing.  After the panel dried, I applied some Vintage Photo distress ink by dragging the ink pad flat accross the panel.  Once this dried, I applied a bit of Winter Sky IZINK Pearly Lustre Paste on the frame.  This technique is inspired by Tim Holtz's video, he calls it eroded matellic. Hint: it starts at around 54:15 into the video.

Then stamped with Acorn archivel ink the branches from Altnew Warm Wishes stamp set, and sentiment from Handmade Tags stamp set.

The gold heat embossed and watercolored Arum Lilies are from Hero Arts.

Here's a close up.


Challenges:

Altenew Flower of the Month Instagram Challenge - Lilies


Simon Monday Challenge - Frame It

Simon Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Supplies:

Decoart Acrylic Paint (Peacock Teal, Splendid Gold)
Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)

Thanks for visiting.  Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Arlene said...

Just beautiful. I love the background you created and the flowers fit the framing so well.

Sue McRae said...

Very elegant card Cindy!

fairyrocks said...

You do make the prettiest cards Ms. Cindy.
Hope the sun is shining on you.