Followers

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Pumpkin 'Say Cheese' on DCD

Happy October 1st!

Ahh...That wonderful Fall foilage is happening here in the Northern hemisphere and the pumpkins are waiting to go to a new home!  :D   

A new challenge begins on Die Cut Divas today.  The theme is Fall or Fall Colors.  You can work with the wonderful Fall colors or any holidays in October - for Americans, it's Halloween, so work your FALL MAGIC.  The sponsor this month is Frantic Stampers.


Frantic Stamper has so much to offer, stencils, stamps and dies.  We want to showcase some of the products along our month-long journey through October.  Frantic Stamper carries their own brand as well as many other well known brands, such as Altenew and Elizabeth Craft Designs, and Hero Arts.

Now onto my card, I title it Pumpkin Selfie.



I really like how it turned out.  To create this card I started working on the background panel.  On a 8 x 6 inch multi media paper, I stamped the leaves with distress ink and watercolored in multiple layers until I was happy, then splattered some Glimmer Metallic Gold ink.

I trimmed a 4 x 5 1/4 inch panel out, then die cut the instant photo frame.  I didn't want to cover up too much of the background so I bronze embossed the pumpkin image on white vellum, and painted the pumpkin (on the back) with alcohol ink.  However this does not show up too much, so I fussy cut the pumpkin in white and glue to the back of the pumpkin.  Then glue the vellum behind the photo frame.  I added another layer of the photo frame to make it more sturdy.  The sentiment is stamped in Jet Black.  I glue the photo frame with foam adhesive to the watercolor panel, and the panel is attached to a white card base.

I took some photos while working on the background panel.  Let's take a look.



Remember to hop over to Die Cut Divas to check out more about the challenge and see the beautiful inspirations my teammates created.

Supplies:

Ranger Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Wild Honey, Squeezed Lemonade, Old Paper)
Ranger Alcohal Ink (Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange)
Watercolors
Versamark Watermark Ink
Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink
Bronze Embossing Powder
Hero Art Glimmer Metallic Gold Ink

Thanks for visiting.  Have a great start to October!





3 comments:

Arlene said...

I do love that background and what an inspiration to use vellum to see through. Love the card.

Maureen Morton said...

This is super-cute, Cindy! I never thought of using vellum in a photo frame - perfect! Great background, too. I am not a fan of Fall (tropical gal, here), so I am not usually fond of Fall-themed cards...but love this one!

Lucille K said...

Hi Cindy, what a wonderful idea to make a pumpkin selfie on vellum. Your background is beautiful :)