Followers

Monday, September 23, 2019

Peonies Background Hidden Greetings

Hi,

I got some time to play with some new stamp and die I bought using the gift card I received from Simon Says Stamp for being their Guest Designer for the SSS Flickr Challenge in August.  

Thank you so much Simon Says Stamp!!

Let's take a look.


The 6x6 Peonies Backgroup Cling Stamp is gorgeous!!  I heat embossed it in Brass on a multi media paper panel, and watercolored.

After eveything is dried I trimmed it into two panels, one standard A2 size panel for the front of my card and another 1 3/8 by 4 1/4 inch panel to decorate the flap of the envelope.

Then I used Simon Says Stamp Perforated Flaps Wafer Dies to die cut the flap on the watercolored panel.  Since the watercolored panel is quite thick I used an exacto knife to cut along the perforated line to facilitate the opening of the flap.  

The Peonies Background image is a little busy, and the area where the flap isn't obvious.  So I applied another layer of watercolor over the flap area to make it darker and I also colored in the background of the image in blue.

I white heat embossed some sentiments on a standard A2 size hot pink card panel, and glue the died watercolor panel on top after I rounded the corners.    

Here's a little video showing how it works.




Challenges:






Supplies:

Brass Embossing Powder


Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a sweet day!!

6 comments:

Betty said...

just gorgeous, Cindy - love that flap die - might "need" to buy that!!

Lin said...

Wow, that's beautiful, Cindy! I must remember to use metallic embossing powder once in awhile - it adds such elegance!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and I love the gold embossing with the flowers. Neat hidden message too.

Dawn T said...

totally awesome Cindy. It is really stunning card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning card, Cindy - just love the gold embossing and watercoloring! So fun that it's a flap card too!!

Mrs A. said...

I love the hidden flap idea. Hugs Mrs A.