Followers

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Alcohol Ink Experiment Two

Hi, welcome back!

I've got some time to play with alcohol ink today.  I experimented first using shrink plastic.  The alcohol ink does not spread very fast and it rubs off afterward.  I didn't bake my piece to shrink it, I just wanted to see the effect.  After I drop and move the ink around, I used a Copic marker as well as a thin brush dip in rubbing alcohol to add some details.  But in the end I am not sure if it is a piece I would send out.

  
This next one is done on Yupo paper, and I used a straw to blow some ink around, and added doodling using a white gel pen.  But I think I over worked it, and it lost that organic feel.


Back to the drawing board for  more!! 

Thanks for checking out my post, have a lovely day!!


3 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

I think these are both great - they really spotlight the product, when I get one I’m not crazy about I try a die cut on top. No waste! But I do like these.

Sue McRae said...

Love how these turned out Cindy! They are little works of art to hang on the wall!

Dawn T said...

Great to try different ways of using your inks. I like both. Maybe the first one will dry in time. - or you could die cut and shrink.