Followers

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Christmas Cards 2018-dec-01

Hi,

Welcome back to my blog.  This is my second post of the day.  For my a2z Scrapbooking Challenge card, click here.



I am inspired by the current CAS-ual Friday challenge - Shades of Gold.  

To create the golden look, I first distressed the leaves of the wreath with Crushed Olive, (this ink looks very similar to an Old Gold ink I used to have). I heat embossed the teapot and cup with Brass EP and watercolored with various shades of yellows and orange.  The hearts motif are painted with glimmer metallic gold ink.  And I embellished the wreath with some golden/yellow art gems.


I just love that golden shine!!!

Challenges:







Supplies:

VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad
Ranger Distress Ink (Crushed Olive)
Brass Embossing Powder

Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a sweet day!



16 comments:

Billie A said...

Very very pretty card. I love the wreath and the images. Beautiful.

Stacy Sheldon said...

I love the soft colors on this a lot :)

~amy~ said...

Cindy, this is sooo pretty! What a beautiful way to be inspired by the challenge...lovely shades of gold and seriously, who wouldn't love a wreath like that?! I'd LOVE one for my door!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful tea wreath and I agree the gold looks wonderful.

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh Cindy, this is just stunning and elegant and pretty. I love wreaths and this one is perfect.

Dawn T said...

So pretty Cindy. What a lovely card

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, great cold embossing in combination with the colors.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Cindy! I love how you distressed the leaves on the wreath and how you added a touch of gold to the hearts on your teapot and cup...so charming!

Michelle W said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the shades of gold, perfect for our challenge at CAS-ual Fridays. Thanks for joining us.

Sadie said...

This card is so cute! Love everything you added to make it awesome! Looks like a winner to me ; )

Laura S. said...

Such an adorable card design!

Marcia said...

Such a fun and elegant card! Love all the little touches you added. Thanks for playing along at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.

LaurieC said...

Love how you incorporated the teacup and pot into the wreath!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Fikreta said...

Very beautiful card!

Karen Letchworth said...

Such a gorgeous wreath. Fabulous creativity!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Love your take on the color challenge! These colors are fantastic and beautiful design!