Followers

Saturday, October 6, 2018

World Card Making Day Project

Happy World Card Making Day!!

I know I am a little late to the party, was busy earlier in the day!  But got to spend some time in the craft room in the afternoon.  Today I am inspired by all the beautiful cards on the Simon Says Stamps Blog.  And I made a couple of Christmas cards to add to my stash.


I create a plaid pattern (on white card stock) using Hero Arts Glimmer Metallic Ink (Gold and Pewter), and Twinkling H2O Watercolors (Black Orchid), then I die cut the ornaments using Hero Arts Ornaments Infinity Dies.  I die cut the Hero Arts Holiday Greenery Edge from some neutral color card stock (I don't know the name of the color), and use a small brush to applied Gold Glimmer Metallic Ink to the greenery part.

I can't decide whether to go with red sentiment or gold embossed one, so I made one of each.  The sentiment is from an older Hero Arts set called The Joy Of Winter.

I adhere the greenery edge to a wine color card base, hang the ornaments and affixed with foam adhesive.

Here's a close up, you could the shimmers.



Challenges:






Supplies:

Hero Arts The Joy Of Winter
Twinkling H2O Watercolors (Black Orchid)
VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad
Gold Embossing Powder


Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I wish you a lovely day!


1 comment:

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Cindy.