Followers

Monday, September 10, 2018

Christmas Cards 2018-Sep-10

Hello,

I am so excited about today's Christmas cards!!  I am casing Jennifer McGuire's Wreath Builder cards,  After I made a few trial runs (which I enjoyed), I made a couple cards I really like.

I must clarify I tried the technique only and not the product because I don't have them.

The first card I built the wreath on a 4 x 4 inch square white panel, then trimmed and layered onto my card base which has golden heat embossed sentiment.  


After I stamped all the elements of the wreath, I added some Candy Cane Stickles on the berries, and painted some pine branches with Hero Arts Glimmer Metallic Gold Ink.  The gold foiled bow is die cut using Hero Art Ornaments Infinity Dies. 


Supplies for this card:

Cloud 9 Design Clear Stamp 
Ranger Distress Ink (Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint)
Ranger Stickles (Candy Cane)
Gold Embossing Powder

Challenges:




*-*-*-*-*

For my second card, I wanted to make it CAS.  So I decided to stamp the wreath right onto the card front.  But I wasn't very successful in centering the wreath.  So instead of rotating the paper, I rotated the stamp instead.


To do that, I secure both my guide (for the stamp, on to the base of the MISTI, the left of the photo), and the card (on the door, stamp size down when door closed, right side of the photo) with washi tape.  I used a piece acetate for adhering the stamp.  To stamp the wreath, I inked the stamp and then close the MISTI door onto it.  In other words I am bringing the paper to the stamp, then I rotate the acetate with stamp using the guide and repeated the stamping.  I hope this make sense.

After I finished building the wreath I added Stickles and painted some highlights with Perfect Pearl solutions.  But I miss judged the distance between wreath and sentiment, so I added a Cardinal bird to link them together.


Supplies for this card:

Winner & Walter Hollie's Festive Florals
Ranger Distress Ink (Barn Door, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Chipped Sapphire, Vintage Photo)
Brass Embossing Powder
Ranger Stickles (Candy Cane, Star Dust, Cool Mint)
Ranger Perfect Pearl Powder
White Gel Pen

Challenges:




Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a lovly day!!



14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Both of your wreaths are gorgeous, Cindy! I love the gold highlights on the first wreath and the bolder colors! The second wreath is so pretty with more subtle colors and the pretty cardinal! Thanks for explaining your process and for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

A great way to create two beautiful wreaths, Cindy! Love the elegance of your first wreath card with the gold highlights. The second wreath is so pretty with softer, delicate colours. Your cardinal is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Betty said...

two lovely cards, Cindy - thanks for sharing how you made the second card.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Cindy. Two fabulous wreath cards. I must try this out.

Veerle said...

Super gorgeous cards. Thank you so much for entering our challenge and good luck. Greetings, Veerle DT-ATSC

Nance said...

Two wonderful wreath cards, Cindy! Love the gold leaf additions to the first one, so festive. I love how you created the 2nd wreath and love it's colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Christmas!

Kara Lynne said...

Two amazing wreaths, Cindy! Thanks for that tutorial, and I love how creative you are at fixing problems!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both wreaths, Cindy! Great job of using the MISTI in different ways!!

Colleen said...

Cindy I had to pick up my jaw when I viewed your first card! I LOVE it, everything about it! I think adding the gold stems takes it up a notch, makes it so elegant. And to tie it in with your gold embossed sentiment is perfect! And what a joy to see the second card with your tutorial..what a beautiful wreath and the added cardinal sitting above the sentiment is again genius! Thank you for sharing these at CAS Christmas!

Marlies said...

Two beautiful elegant Christmas cards. Great work! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Jeanne H said...

Truly wonderful wreath cards. Great creations!

Janis said...

Your wreaths turned out beautiful and make such elegant Christmas cards! I esp love the first one with the gold accents but I am in love with the little cardinal on your second, too!! :)

Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps - "Christmas Comes Early" challenge!

GDT Janis
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Danoesja said...

Its a very beautiful design on your pretty Christmas card,
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a great way to make your beautiful wreath cards, Jo x