Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Candy Canes

Welcome back to my blog.

I am sharing a card created for the Die Cut Diva's challenge blog, our October theme is Embossing.




The digital image I used is called Candy Cane Corner by The Stamping Boutique.  I copied and pasted the image twice on a file, used my image editor to manipulate it so that one of them is facing the other direction.  I first colored them with coloring pencils, then stamp and heat emboss the surrounding area.  I trimmed it slightly smaller to fit my card base.  Then I stamped, heat embossed, and die cut the sentiment and adhered to card.

Supplies:

Digital image: Candy Cane Corner
Coloring pencils
Penny Black clear stamp - Sentimental
Simon Says Stamp - Congratulations
Vera Mark watermark ink
Gold embossing powder
My Favorite Things  Die-namics - Stitched Rec STAX


Thanks for stopping by!  I wish you a lovely day!


4 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Very festive card Cindy! Love how the images frame the sentiment.

Kara Lynne said...

I love how you framed the sentiment with that lovely image and the golden dots give lots of movement to this card! Beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card, Cindy! I love how you flipped the image, and your coloring is amazing! Love all the gold 'snowflakes', too!
I hope all is well with you :)

Aileen said...

Such a pretty card, your colouring of the stamped image is so wonderful.