Followers

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tri-fold card makeover

Hello everybody,

Welcome back!!

The week before last I was nominated by Cornelia Wenokor to play along with the 7 days/3 friends challenge created by Heather Jacob on Facebook.  That gave me a chance to go thru my old cards, and I came accrossed this tri-fold card I did for the Hero Arts flickr group 90 minutes scramble challenge in 2011.




And I did a makeover.  Let's see it:

I increased the template size so there is more room to stamp.  Shorter side is 3 inches, the taller side is 5 1/5 inches, the width is 10 1/2 inches, each panel is 3 1/2 inches.  


Instead of die cut butterflies, I stamp them directly on card, and separately on card stock, trimmed and attached with a lightweight wire.

I did both first and second generation stamp to create some depth.

Here's a close up of the shimmery mushrooms.

This is "back side" which has a simpler design and stamp images in lighter colours.

Supplies:

Hero Arts stamps (Delicate Leaf Clusters, Garden Flowers by Lia, Forever, Colour Laying Butterflies)
Hero Arts Ombre Ink (Pink to Red, Butter Bar to Orange, Tide Pool to Navy)
Hero Arts Chalk Ink (Iris)
Ranger Distress Ink (Old Paper, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Bundle Sage, Broken China, Wild Honey, Spun Sugar)
Ranger Stickles (Diamond)

Thanks for visiting, I wish you a very lovely day!!





4 comments:

imjust mom said...

Very pretty.

Greta said...

Oh my word, Cindy--such wonderful stamping & beautiful colors on your re-do!

Chark said...

so love this! the butterflies at the top and the folds with all the stamping are just so cool!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous makeover, Cindy...WOW! I really love how you added the wire to the butterflies...so pretty!