Today I have a engagement/wedding card/anniversary card to share. It's my DT project for a2z Scrapbooking Supplies Blog challenge, September's theme is Shake It Up (make a shaker card). See the challenge rules Here.
I've made "traditional" shaker cards before and they are lots of fun, but I want to try some different materials. So I used cellophane and made a transparent shaker card. Here's a mini tutorial:
- Cut white CS into 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch card base.
- Trim another piece white CS measuring 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inch. Stamp various images from Hero Arts Garden Flowers by Lia set with clear embossing ink and heat emboss with clear powder.
- Layer the embossed panel on card front, put Hero Arts Frame Cut (Oval Scallop) on top and run thru die cut machine.
- Use the frame cut as a guide, sew cellophane pockets leaving an opening to fill with sequins, trim excess.
- Adhere shaker on card base aligning to the die cut window, adhere embossed panel on top.
- Stamp flowers from same set on white CS with Hero Arts Ombre Ink and distress inks and heat emboss with clear EP. Trim and adhere using foam tape and glue dots (to get various height) to card front as shown.
- Stamp sentiment from Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Congrats set inside card, and adhere matching die cut.
Here's a different view, you. could see the clear embossed image on the front panel.
And here's the "beauty" shot.
I hope I have inspired you to come play with us at a2z Scrapbooking Supplies. Need supplies? Check out the a2z store, there's lot of new goodies including the new 2015 Holiday Collections from Hero Arts. When you shop there, feel free to use promote code Cindy15 at check out to obtain 15% off any purchase $25 and up (excluding shipping).
The supplies list is on the a2z Scrapbooking Supplies blog, would love it if you'd stop by and say 'hello' and check out the other DT member's projects!!
Have a lovely day!!