Followers

Thursday, October 30, 2014

My favorite winter symbol

Hey there, welcome back to my blog.

Do you have a favorite winter symbol?  Okay at least one that you use for stamping holiday cards?  Mine is snowflakes.  When I saw the inspiration photo of the current Merry Monday Christmas Challenge, I know I want join in the fun, because one of the requirement is to use snowflakes!   And I use the sketch for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch for my card.  And I will link up to this week's Simon Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes.

Here's the inspiration photo and sketch:

 
         


















This is my card:


Supplies for this card:

Embossing folder: Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades (Snow Flurries)
Cutting die: Poppystamps (Frozen Fakes), Impression Obession (DIE100-F)
Stamp: Penny Black (Hanging Tresures)
Ink: Ranger Distress (Vintage Photo), ColorBox (Frost White)
Others: Wink of Stella (GL Clear)


Thanks for visiting and have a lovely day!

21 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Love all the texture and the hints of sparkle Cindy!

Betty said...

WOW - love this card - snowflakes are my favorite too!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Cindy! I love how you paired the embossed background with your large snowflake and your sentiment is so elegant! Great job combining challenges, too!

Lin said...

I agree with you, I love to use snowflakes at Christmas, too, and so I love your card, Cindy! All the more beautiful because it's done in all neutrals - so elegant!

Marika said...

This is beautiful! Lovely, peaceful Christmas card!

Linda said...

This is beautiful .... love the embossed snowflakes. xx

designbydonna said...

Simply WOW card. Very pretty.

Unknown said...

Love the frosty finish on your embossed snowflakes. Karen x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the embossing and that pretty sentiment.

Lyndal said...

Fabulous snowflakes Cindy! SO happy to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Cindy!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty CAS card Cindy, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Beautiful, glittery card. I love how it turned out.

Skye said...

A very elgeant Christmas card. I like the pretty embossing and the lovely sentiment.

Nancy Penir said...

Love the richness of this gorgeous card!

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! The inking and the sparkle just add so much! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

This is so pretty. And thanks for commenting on my blog and giving me the tip about a black background. Will try it next time.

Leigh Penner said...

I love snowflakes, too (which is ironic, because I dislike actual snow -- LOL!)
Your card is so beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Cindy!!! So happy to see you've stopped by... always such a pleasure to see that darling smile... I love your card! Gorgeous neutral brilliance...
=] Michele

Chrissy Larson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Cindy, what a lovely texture and white accents!