Followers

Monday, May 1, 2017

Tulip Garden

Happy May 1st!!

It does not matter to me what's on the calendar, I consider it Spring when I see my tulips bloom.  Thank goodness those in my garden are doing well, I see buds but not blooming just yet.  Nature is not something I could control, but I certainly could decide when my tulip garden bloom on paper!!  :D

I made this card for Die Cut Divas' May challenge - Use flowers on your project (trees and grass counts too).  Our generous sponsor for May is Jane's Doodles.


I first stamped the tulips with a bit of masking then colored with Copic markers.  Then I used a Copic marker to drawn in the brick path.  But I found that it was too over powering, so I added some ink spray to tone it down.  Then the flower bed was too white, so green dots are added for grass.  I was struggling with it somewhat but it turned out okay in the end.  After I colored all those tulip flowers I just didn't want to give up!  LOL.

Hope over to the Die Cut Divas' Challenge blog and check out my team mates' creation, then join in the fun.

Supplies:

Jane's Doodle Clear Stamp - Spring
Hero Arts Stamp and Cut - Yes
Copic markers (E000,E00,E01,Y15,Y17,YR18,R14,R39,RV34,RV63,RV66)
Memento Dye Ink - Tuxedo Black
Hero Arts Ink Spray - Passion Flower

Thanks for stopping by, I wish you a lovely day!



4 comments:

Arlene said...

I'm so glad you pushed through. A delightful creation. The tulips brighten up everyone's lives.

Greta said...

Very cute, Cindy--beautiful tulips!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool brick path, Cindy - perfect for those tulips!!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a sweet card, Cindy! I love how you added details like the brick path and dots on the grass...Loving that cute little bunny, too :)